Giovanni Leonardo Bassan is an Italian artist, born in 1989 in Marostica (Vicenza). His artistic training began at the Art School A. Martini, Schio and then continue at the Politecnico di Milano, graduating in industrial design in 2011.
He participates in many international and volunteering projects. He currently lives and works close to his muse Michele Lamy, in Paris, France.
Bassan tries to offer valuable new perspective on figurative painting, studying alternative techniques and applying a tradition drawing on unusual supports such as isothermal blankets or packaging materials. It is with a sensible shamelessly approach, full of emotions, that his painting leads us to think.
With his works Giovanni Leonardo Bassan speaks about internal battles, driven by real feelings looking for a concrete contribution in its exhibits to its causes. Wars with more losers than winners, existing reflections that from the present come to us direct and impudent; with great strength and a touch of violence it calls into question our identity and our responsibilities as human beings.
2003 - 2008
• Liceo artistico A. Martini, Schio (VI), Italy
2009 - 2011
• Laurea triennale in disegno industriale, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
• EVERYTHING DISTRACTS ME “The Mine Gallery”, Paris, France
• MARTYRDOM “The Mine Gallery”, Dubai. UAE
• What are you fighting for Ca d’Oro, Venice, Italy
• Love my way, Villa Noailles, Hyeres, rance
• Wat are you fighting for Selfridges, 400 Oxford St, London. UK
• Made in meditation Somewhere galley, New York City. USA
• Fratellanza, (SMUG) Kunstafabrik, AM Flutgraben, Berlin, Germany
• PROJECT 89, Focus Facial Paradis, 25 rue de Bourgogne, Paris, France
Arizona Art Museum (ASU), Phoenix, AZ, USA
Associated collection Centro de Arte Tomas & Valiente/Museo Nacional Reina Sofia., Madrid, Spain
FMC (Frans Mesereel Centrum), Kasterlee, Belgium
MASIN (museo de arte de Sinaloa), Culiacan, Mexico
Korean Ceramic Fundation (KOCEF), Seoul, South Korea